What Quran Says
(Surah Ar-Ra’d, Ibrahim,AlHijr)
Former Member of IFSB on Islamic Money Market, Former Head of FSCD SBP, Former Head of Research ArifHabib Investments, Member visiting Faculty/ KASBIT/BIZTEK/Sheikh Zayed Institute University of Karachi/PAF KIET/MAJU
Generally people have different opinions on that whether Jews or Christians would enter the paradise. In this regard Allah in verses of Al-Baqarah says.
2:111.And they say, “None will enter Paradise except one who is a Jew or a Christian.” That is [merely] their wishful thinking, Say, “Produce your proof, if you should be truthful.”2:112Yes [on the contrary], whoever submits his face in Islam to Allah while being a doer of good will have his reward with his Lord. And no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.2:113The Jews say “The Christians have nothing [true] to stand on,” and the Christians say, “The Jews have nothing to stand on,” although they [both] recite the Scripture. Thus the polytheists speak the same as their words. But Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which they used to differ.2:114And who are more unjust than those who prevent the name of Allah from being mentioned in His mosques and strive toward their destruction. It is not for them to enter them except in fear. For them in this world is disgrace, and they will have in the Hereafter a great punishment.2:115And to Allah belongs the east and the west. So wherever you [might] turn, there is the Face of Allah . Indeed, Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.
In Surah ArRa’dAllah has given all clues about Earth and world around it.
- Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that you can see. Then, HeIstawa (rose above) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty). He has subjected the sun and the moon (to continue going round)! Each running (its course) for a term appointed. He regulates all affairs, explaining the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail, that you may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord.3. And it is He Who spread out the earth, and placed therein firm mountains and rivers and of every kind of fruits He made ZawjainIthnain (two in pairs – may mean two kinds or it may mean: of two sorts, e.g. black and white, sweet and sour, small and big, etc.) He brings the night as a cover over the day. Verily, in these things, there are Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) for people who reflect.4. And in the earth are neighboring tracts, and gardens of vines, and green crops (fields etc.), and date-palms, growing out two or three from a single stem root, or otherwise (one stem root for every palm ), watered with the same water, yet some of them We make more excellent than others to eat. Verily, in these things, there are Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs) for the people who understand.17. He sends down water (rain) from the sky, and the valleys flow according to their measure, but the flood bears away the foam that mounts up to the surface, and (also) from that (ore) which they heat in the fire in order to make ornaments or utensils, rises a foam like unto it, thus does Allah (by parables) show forth truth and falsehood . Then, as for the foam it passes away as scum upon the banks, while that which is for the good of mankind remains in the earth. Thus Allah sets forth parables (for the truth and falsehood, i.e. Belief and disbelief).
About oneness of Allah and on his book, Allah says in this Ayat.
- Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah – Islamic Monotheism), and work righteousness,Tuba (it means all kinds of happiness or name of a tree in Paradise) is for them and a beautiful place of (final) return.30. Thus have We sent you (O Muhammad ) to a community before whom other communities have passed away, in order that you might recite unto them what We have inspired to you, while they disbelieve in the Most Beneficient (Allah) Say: “He is my Lord! La ilahaillaHuwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He)! In Him is my trust, and to Him will be my return with repentance.”31. And if there had been a Qur’an with which mountains could be moved (from their places), or the earth could be cloven asunder, or the dead could be made to speak (it would not have been other than this Qur’an). But the decision of all things is certainly with Allah. Have not then those who believe yet known that had Allah willed, He could have guided all mankind? And a disaster will not cease to strike those who disbelieve because of their (evil) deeds or it (i.e. the disaster) settle close to their homes, until the Promise of Allah comes to pass. Certainly, Allah does not fail in His Promise.36. Those to whom We have given the Book (such as ‘Abdullah bin Salam and other Jews who embraced Islam), rejoice at what has been revealed unto you (i.e. the Qur’an) , but there are among the Confederates (from the Jews and pagans) those who reject a part thereof. Say (O Muhammad ): “I am commanded only to worship Allah (Alone) and not to join partners with Him. To Him (Alone) I call and to Him is my return.”37. And thus have We sent it (the Qur’an) down to be a judgement of authority in Arabic. Were you (O Muhammad ) to follow their (vain) desires after the knowledge which has come to you, then you will not have any Wali (protector) or defender against Allah.
In Surah Ibrahim, Allah says.
- And We sent not a Messenger except with the language of his people, in order that he might make (the Message) clear for them. Then Allah misleads whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.5.And indeed We sent Musa (Moses) with Our Ayat (signs, proofs, and evidences) (saying): “Bring out your people from darkness into light, and make them remember the annals of Allah. Truly, therein are evidences, proofs and signs for every patient, thankful (person).”6. And (remember) when Musa (Moses) said to his people: “Call to mind Allah’s Favour to you, when He delivered you from Fir’aun’s (Pharaoh) people who were afflicting you with horrible torment, and were slaughtering your sons and letting your women alive, and in it was a tremendous trial from your Lord.”8. And Musa (Moses) said: “If you disbelieve, you and all on earth together, then verily! Allah is Rich (Free of all wants), Owner of all Praise.”9. Has not the news reached you, of those before you, the people of Nuh (Noah), and ‘Ad, and Thamud? And those after them? None knows them but Allah. To them came their Messengers with clear proofs, but they put their hands in their mouths (biting them from anger) and said: “Verily, we disbelieve in that with which you have been sent, and we are really in grave doubt as to that to which you invite us (i.e. Islamic Monotheism).”15. But they (the Messengers) sought victory and help [from their Lord (Allah)], and every obstinate, arrogant dictator (who refuses to believe in the Oneness of Allah) was.
In the same Ayat, Allah further says.
- And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) said: “O my Lord! Make this city (Makkah) one of peace and security, and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols.36.“O my Lord! They have indeed led astray many among mankind. But whoso follows me, he verily is of me. And whoso disobeys me, – still You are indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.37. “O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in an uncultivable valley by Your Sacred House (the Ka’bah at Makkah); in order, O our Lord, that they may perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), so fill some hearts among men with love towards them, and (O Allah) provide them with fruits so that they may give thanks.38. “O our Lord! Certainly, You know what we conceal and what we reveal. Nothing on the earth or in the heaven is hidden from Allah.39. “All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has given me in old age Isma’il (Ishmael) and Ishaque (Isaac). Verily! My Lord is indeed the All-Hearer of invocations.
On Quran, Allah further reiterates.
- This (Qur’an) is a Message for mankind (and a clear proof against them), in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is the only OneIlah (God – Allah) – (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and that men of understanding may take heed.
In Ayat Al Hijr, Allah Says.
- Perhaps (often) will those who disbelieve wish that they were Muslims [those who have submitted themselves to Allah’s Will in Islam Islamic Monotheism, this will be on the Day of Resurrection when they will see the disbelievers going to Hell and the Muslims going to Paradise].3.Leave them to eat and enjoy, and let them be preoccupied with (false) hope. They will come to know!4. And never did We destroy a township but there was a known decree for it.5. No nation can anticipate its term, nor delay it.
Allah further says in this Ayat on creation of man
- And indeed, We created man from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.27.And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire.28. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: “I am going to create a man (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.29. “So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him.”30. So, the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together.31. Except Iblis (Satan), – he refused to be among the prostrators.32. (Allah) said: “O Iblis (Satan)! What is your reason for not being among the prostrators?”33. [Iblis (Satan)] said: “I am not the one to prostrate myself to a human being, whom You created from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.”34. (Allah) said: “Then, get out from here, for verily, you are Rajim (an outcast or a cursed one).” [Tafsir At-Tabari]35. “And verily, the curse shall be upon you till the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).”36. [Iblis (Satan)] said: “O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected.”37. Allah said: “Then, verily, you are of those reprieved,38. “Till the Day of the time appointed.”39. [Iblis (Satan)] said: “O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all.40. “Except Your chosen, (guided) slaves among them.”
Allah says about Hazrat Ibrahim (AS) in this Ayat.
- [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: “Do you give me glad tidings (of a son) when old age has overtaken me? Of what then is your news?”55.They (the angels) said: “We give you glad tidings in truth. So be not of the despairing ones.”56. [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: “And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?”57. [Ibrahim (Abraham) again] said: “What then is the business on which you have come, O Messengers?”58. They (the angels) said: “We have been sent to a people who are Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners).59. “(All) except the family of Lout (Lot). Them all we are surely going to save (from destruction).60. “Except his wife, of whom We have decreed that she shall be of those who remain behind (i.e. she will be destroyed).”61. Then, when the Messengers (the angels) came unto the family of Lout (Lot).62. He said: “Verily! You are people unknown to me.”63. They said: “Nay, we have come to you with that (torment) which they have been doubting.64. “And we have brought to you the truth (the news of the destruction of your nation) and certainly, we tell the truth.65. “Then travel in a part of the night with your family, and you go behind them in the rear, and let no one amongst you look back, but go on to where you are ordered.”66. And We made known this decree to him, that the root of those (sinners) was to be cut off in the early morning.67. And the inhabitants of the city came rejoicing (at the news of the young men’s arrival).68. [Lout (Lot)] said: “Verily! these are my guests, so shame me not.69. “And fear Allah and disgrace me not.”70. They (people of the city) said: “Did we not forbid you to entertain (or protect) any of the ‘Alamin (people, foreigners, strangers, etc. from us)?”71. [Lout (Lot)] said: “These (the girls of the nation) are my daughters (to marry lawfully), if you must act (so).”72. Verily, by your life (O Muhammad ), in their wild intoxication, they were wandering blindly.73. So As-Saihah (torment – awful cry, etc.) overtook them at the time of sunrise;74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.75. Surely! In this are signs, for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allah).76. And verily! They (the cities) were right on the highroad (from Makkah to Syria i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now) .77. Surely! Therein is indeed a sign for the believers.78. And the dwellers in the wood [i.e. the people of Madyan (Midian) to whom Prophet Shu’aib () was sent by Allah), were also Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.).79. So, We took vengeance on them. They are both on an open highway, plain to see.80. And verily, the dwellers of Al-Hijr (the rocky tract) denied the Messengers.81. And We gave them Our Signs, but they were averse to them.82. And they used to hew out dwellings from the mountains (feeling themselves) secure.83. But As-Saihah (torment – awful cry etc.) overtook them in the early morning (of the fourth day of their promised punishment days).84. And all that which they used to earn availed them not.
For all humans, Allah again orders.
- So glorify the praises of your Lord and be of those who prostrate themselves (to Him).99.And worship your Lord until there comes unto you the certainty (i.e. death).