WHAT QURAN SAYS
(SurahMuhammad, Al-Fath (The Victory),, Al-Hujuraat (The Dwellings),Qaf,Adh-Dhariyat (The Winds that Scatter), At-Tur (The Mount) An-Najm (The Star),Al Qamar (The Moon),Ar-Rahman (The Most Gracious)
Chairman Centre of Advisory Services for Islamic Banking and Finance (CAIF),Former Member of IFSB on Islamic Money Market, Former Head of FSCD SBP, Former Head of Research ArifHabib Investments, Member visiting Faculty/ KASBIT/BIZTEK/Sheikh Zayed Institute University of Karachi/PAF KIET/MAJU
In Surah Muhammad Allah says about those who fight to implement orders of Allah-
- So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah’s Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives). Thereafter (is the time) either for generosity (i.e. free them without ransom), or ransom (according to what benefits Islam), until the war lays down its burden. Thus [you are ordered by Allah to continue in carrying out Jihad against the disbelievers till they embrace Islam (i.e. are saved from the punishment in the Hell-fire) or at least come under your protection], but if it had been Allah’s Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost,5. He will guide them and set right their state.
About disbelievers Allah says-
- Verily, those who disbelieve, and hinder (men) from the Path of Allah (i.e. Islam), and oppose the Messenger ( ) (by standing against him and hurting him), after the guidance has been clearly shown to them, they will not hurt Allah in the least, but He will make their deeds fruitless,35. So be not weak and ask not for peace (from the enemies of Islam), while you are having the upper hand. Allah is with you, and will never decrease the reward of your good deeds.38. Behold! You are those who are called to spend in the Cause of Allah, yet among you are some who are niggardly. And whoever is niggardly, it is only at the expense of his ownself. But Allah is Rich (Free of all wants), and you (mankind) are poor. And if you turn away (from Islam and the obedience of Allah), He will exchange you for some other people, and they will not be your likes.
In Surah Al-Fathfor further guidance Allah says-
- Verily, We have given you (O Muhammad) a manifest victory.2. That Allah may forgive you your sins of the past and the future, and complete His Favour on you, and guide you on the Straight Path;3. And that Allah may help you with strong help.4. He it is Who sent down As-Sakinah (calmness and tranquillity) into the hearts of the believers, that they may grow more in Faith along with their (present) Faith. And to Allah belong the hosts of the heavens and the earth, and Allah is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise.
About sending Hazrat Muhammad (PBU) Allah says-
- Verily, We have sent you (O Muhammad) as a witness, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner.9. In order that you (O mankind) may believe in Allah and His Messenger (), and that you assist and honour him (), and (that you) glorify (Allah’s) praises morning and afternoon.10. Verily, those who give Bai’a (pledge) to you (O Muhammad ) they are giving Bai’a (pledge) to Allah. The Hand of Allah is over their hands. Then whosoever breaks his pledge, breaks only to his own harm, and whosoever fulfills what he has covenanted with Allah, He will bestow on him a great reward.13. And whosoever does not believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad ), then verily, We have prepared for the disbelievers a blazing Fire .17. No blame or sin is there upon the blind, nor is there blame or sin upon the lame, nor is there blame or sin upon the sick (that they go not forth to war). And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad ), He will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow (Paradise); and whosoever turns back, He will punish him with a painful torment.
Upon difference between believers and disbelievers Allah says-
- They are the ones who disbelieved (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism), and hindered you fromAl-Masjid-al-Haram (the sacred mosque of Makkah) and the sacrificial animals, detained from reaching their place of sacrifice. Had there not been believing men and believing women whom you did not know, that you may kill them, and on whose account a sin would have been committed by you without (your) knowledge, that Allah might bring into His Mercy whom He will, if they (the believers and the disbelievers) should have been apart, We verily had punished those of them who disbelieved, with painful torment.26. When those who disbelieve had put in their hearts pride and haughtiness the pride and haughtiness of the time of ignorance, then Allah sent down HisSakinah (calmness and tranquillity) upon His Messenger ( ) and upon the believers, and made them stick to the word of piety (i.e. none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and they were well entitled to it and worthy of it. And Allah is the All-Knower of everything.27. Indeed Allah shall fulfil the true vision which He showed to His Messenger () [i.e. the Prophet saw a dream that he has entered Makkah along with his companions, having their (head) hair shaved and cut short] in very truth. Certainly, you shall enter Al-Masjid-al-Haram; if Allah wills, secure, (some) having your heads shaved, and (some) having your head hair cut short, having no fear. He knew what you knew not, and He granted besides that a near victory.28. He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad ) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), that He may make it (Islam) superior over all religions. And All-Sufficient is Allah as a Witness.29. Muhammad () is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).
In SuraAl-Hujuraaton patience Allah says-
- Verily! Those who call you from behind the dwellings, most of them have no sense.5.And if they had patience till you could come out to them, it would have been better for them. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
On verification of any news Allah says-
- O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done.
Among resolving differences between believers Allah says-
- And if two parties or groups among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both, but if one of them rebels against the other, then fight you (all) against the one that which rebels till it complies with the Command of Allah; then if it complies, then make reconciliation between them justly, and be equitable. Verily! Allah loves those who are equitable.10.The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy.11. O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one’s brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: “O sinner”, or “O wicked”, etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.).
On undue Suspicion Allah says-
- O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting) . And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful.
On religion Allah says-
- O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who hasAt-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqun (pious – see V.2:2)]. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.16. Say: “Will you inform Allah about your religion? While Allah knows all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and Allah is All-Aware of everything.17. They regard as favour upon you (O Muhammad ) that they have embraced Islam. Say: “Count not your Islam as a favour upon me. Nay, but Allah has conferred a favour upon you, that He has guided you to the Faith, if you indeed are true.18. Verily, Allah knows the unseen of the heavens and the earth. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.
In Surah Qaf Allah invites all to turn towards Allah
- Qaf.[These letters (Qaf, etc.) are one of the miracles of the Qur’an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].By the Glorious Qur’an.2.Nay, they wonder that there has come to them a warner (Muhammad ) from among themselves. So the disbelievers say: “This is a strange thing!3. “When we are dead and have become dust (shall we be resurrected?) That is a far return.”4. We know that which the earth takes of them (their dead bodies), and with Us is a Book preserved (i.e. the Book of Decrees).5. Nay, but they have denied the truth (this Qur’an) when it has come to them, so they are in a confused state (cannot differentiate between right and wrong).6. Have they not looked at the heaven above them, how We have made it and adorned it, and there are no rifts in it?7. And the earth! We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and have produced therein every kind of lovely growth (plants).8. An insight and a Reminder for every slave turning to Allah (i.e. the one who believes in Allah and performs deeds of His obedience, and always begs His pardon).13. And ‘Ad, and Fir’aun (Pharaoh), and the brethren of Lout (Lot),14. And the dwellers of the Wood, and the people of Tubba’; every one of them denied (their) Messengers, so My Threat took effect.15. Were We then tired with the first creation? Nay, They are in confused doubt about a new creation (i.e. Resurrection)?
In Surah Adh-Dhariyat Allah says about creation of world as-
1.By (the winds) that scatter dust.2. And (the clouds) that bear heavy weight of water;3. And (the ships) that float with ease and gentleness;4. And those (angels) who distribute (provisions, rain, and other blessings) by (Allah’s) Command;-5. Verily, that which you are promised (i.e. Resurrection in the Hereafter and receiving the reward or punishment of good or bad deeds, etc.) is surely true.6. And verily, the Recompense is sure to happen.7. By the heaven full of paths,8. Certainly, you have different ideas (about Muhammad and the Qur’an).9. Turned aside therefrom (i.e. from Muhammad and the Qur’an) is he who is turned aside (by the Decree and Preordainment of Allah).10. Cursed be the liars,11. Who are under a cover of heedlessness (think not about the gravity of the Hereafter),12. They ask; “When will be the Day of Recompense?”13. (It will be) a Day when they will be tried (i.e. burnt) over the Fire!14. “Taste you your trial (burning)! This is what you used to ask to be hastened!”15. Verily, the Muttaqun (pious – see V.2:2) will be in the midst of Gardens and Springs (in the Paradise),17. They used to sleep but little by night [invoking their Lord (Allah) and praying, with fear and hope].18. And in the hours before dawn, they were (found) asking (Allah) for forgiveness,19. And in their properties there was the right of the beggar, and the Mahrum (the poor who does not ask the others) ,20. And on the earth are signs for those who have Faith with certainty,21. And also in your own selves. Will you not then see?22. And in the heaven is your provision, and that which you are promised.23. Then, by the Lord of the heaven and the earth, it is the truth (i.e. what has been promised to you), just as it is the truth that you can speak.
About Hazrat Abraham (AS) Allah says-
- Has the story reached you, of the honoured guests [three angels; Jibrael (Gabriel) along with another two] of Ibrahim (Abraham)?25.When they came in to him, and said, “Salam, (peace be upon you)!” He answered; “Salam, (peace be upon you ),” and said: “You are a people unknown to me,”26. Then he turned to his household, so brought out a roasted calf [as the property of Ibrahim (Abraham) was mainly cows].27. And placed it before them, (saying): “Will you not eat?”28. Then he conceived a fear of them (when they ate not). They said: “Fear not.” And they gave him glad tidings of an intelligent son, having knowledge (about Allah and His religion of True Monotheism).29. Then his wife came forward with a loud voice, she smote her face, and said: “A barren old woman!”30. They said: “Even so says your Lord. Verily, He is the All-Wise, the All-Knower.”31. [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: “Then for what purpose you have come, O Messengers?”32. They said: “We have been sent to a people who are Mujrimun (polytheists, sinners, criminals, disbelievers in Allah);33. To send down upon them stones of baked clay.34. Marked by your Lord for the Musrifun (polytheists, criminals, sinners those who trespass Allah’s set limits in evil-doings by committing great sins).35. So We brought out from therein the believers.
About Hazrat Lout (AS) and Hazrat Musa (AS) Allah says-
- But We found not there any household of the Muslims except one [i.e. Lout (Lot) and his two daughters].37.And We have left there a sign (i.e. the place of the Dead Sea , well-known in Palestine) for those who fear the painful torment.38. And in Musa (Moses) (too, there is a sign). When We sent him to Fir’aun (Pharaoh) with a manifest authority.39. But [Fir’aun (Pharaoh)] turned away (from Belief in might) along with his hosts, and said: “A sorcerer, or a madman.”40. So We took him and his hosts, and dumped them into the sea, while he was to be blamed.41. And in ‘Ad (there is also a sign) when We sent against them the barren wind;42. It spared nothing that it reached, but blew it into broken spreads of rotten ruins.43. And in Thamud (there is also a sign), when they were told: “Enjoy yourselves for a while!”44. But they insolently defied the Command of their Lord, so the Sa’iqah overtook them while they were looking.45. Then they were unable to rise up, nor could they help themselves.46. (So were) the people of Nuh (Noah) before them. Verily, they were a people who were Fasiqun (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).47. With power did We construct the heaven. Verily, We are Able to extend the vastness of space thereof.
About incident ofAt-Tur Allah says in SurahAt-Tur-
- By the Mount;2.And by the Book Inscribed.3. In parchment unrolled.4. And by the Bait-ul-Ma’mur (the house over the heavens parable to the Ka’bah at Makkah, continuously visited by the angels);5. And by the roof raised high (i.e. the heaven).6. And by the sea kept filled (or it will be fire kindled on the Day of Resurrection).7. Verily, the Torment of your Lord will surely come to pass,8. There is none that can avert it;
In Surah An-NajmAllah says abut messages sent through Jibrael to Hazrat Muhammad (PBU)-
- By the star when it goes down, (or vanishes).2.Your companion (Muhammad ) has neither gone astray nor has erred.3. Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.4. It is only an Inspiration that is inspired.5. He has been taught (this Qur’an) by one mighty in power [Jibrael (Gabriel)].6. DhuMirrah (free from any defect in body and mind), Fastawa [then he (Jibrael – Gabriel) rose and became stable]. [Tafsir At-Tabari].7. While he [Jibrael (Gabriel)] was in the highest part of the horizon,8. Then he [Jibrael (Gabriel)] approached and came closer,9. And was at a distance of two bows’ length or (even) nearer,10. So did (Allah) convey the Inspiration to His slave [Muhammad through Jibrael (Gabriel)].11. The (Prophet’s) heart lied not (in seeing) what he (Muhammad ) saw.12. Will you then dispute with him (Muhammad ) about what he saw [during the Mi’raj: (Ascent of the Prophet over the seven heavens)] .13. And indeed he (Muhammad ) saw him [Jibrael (Gabriel)] at a second descent (i.e. another time).14. Near Sidrat-ul-Muntaha [lote-tree of the utmost boundary (beyond which none can pass)],15. Near it is the Paradise of Abode.16. When that covered the lote-tree which did cover it!17. The sight (of Prophet Muhammad ) turned not aside (right or left), nor it transgressed beyond (the) limit (ordained for it).18. Indeed he (Muhammad ) did see, of the Greatest Signs, of his Lord (Allah).
In Surah Al-Qamar Allah says that splitting of moon is one of his miracle-
- The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammadto show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).2. And if they see a sign, they turn away, and say: “This is continuous magic.”3. They belied (the Verses of Allah, this Qur’an), and followed their own lusts. And every matter will be settled [according to the kind of deeds (for the doer of good deeds, his deeds will take him to Paradise, and similarly evil deeds will take their doers to Hell)].4. And indeed there has come to them news (in this Qur’an) wherein there is (enough warning) to check (them from evil),5. Perfect wisdom (this Qur’an), but (the preaching of) warners benefit them not,6. So (O Muhammad ) withdraw from them. The Day that the caller will call (them) to a terrible thing.47. Verily, the Mujrimun (polytheists, disbelievers, sinners, criminals, etc.) are in error (in this world) and will burn (in the Hell-fire in the Hereafter).
In Surah Ar-RahmanAllah stresses on all to remain in balance-
- The Most Beneficent (Allah)!2.Has taught (you mankind) the Qur’an (by His Mercy).3. He created man.4. He taught him eloquent speech.7. And the heaven He has raised high, and He has set up the Balance.8. In order that you may not transgress (due) balance.9. And observe the weight with equity and do not make the balance deficient.