What Quran Says
(SurahFussilat (Explained in detail)Surah Ash-Shurah (The Consultation)Az-Zukhruf (The Gold Adornments)Ad-Dukhan(The Smoke),Al-Jathiyah (The Kneeling),Al-Ahqaf(The Curved Sand-hills))
Chairman Centre of Advisory Services for Islamic Banking and Finance (CAIF),Former Member of IFSB on Islamic Money Market, Former Head of FSCD SBP, Former Head of Research ArifHabib Investments, Member visiting Faculty/ KASBIT/BIZTEK/Sheikh Zayed Institute University of Karachi/PAF KIET/MAJU
About Quran Allah says in Surah Fussilat
- A revelation from Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.3. A Book whereof the Verses are explained in detail; A Qur’an in Arabic for people who know.4. Giving glad tidings [of Paradise to the one who believes in the Oneness of Allah (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) and fears Allah much (abstains from all kinds of sins and evil deeds) and loves Allah much (performing all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)], and warning (of punishment in the Hell Fire to the one who disbelieves in the Oneness of Allah), but most of them turn away, so they listen not.
About Islam Allah says-
- Say (O Muhammad ): “I am only a human being like you. It is inspired in me that your Ilah (God) is One Ilah (God – Allah), therefore take Straight Path to Him (with true Faith Islamic Monotheism) and obedience to Him, and seek forgiveness of Him. And woe to Al–Mushrikun(the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, polytheists, idolaters, etc. – see V.2:105).7. Those who give not the Zakat and they are disbelievers in the Hereafter.8. Truly, those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism, and in His Messenger Muhammad ) and do righteous good deeds, for them will be an endless reward that will never stop (i.e. Paradise).17. And as for Thamud, We showed and made clear to them the Path of Truth (Islamic Monotheism) through Our Messenger, (i.e. showed them the way of success), but they preferred blindness to guidance, so the Sa’iqah (a destructive awful cry, torment, hit, a thunderbolt) of disgracing torment seized them, because of what they used to earn.18. And We saved those who believed and used to fear Allah, keep their duty to Him and avoid evil.
Good deeds and bad deeds cannot be equal. On this Allah says-
- The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.35. But none is granted it (the above quality) except those who are patient, and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion (of the happiness in the Hereafter i.e. Paradise and in this world of a high moral character).
About Quran Allah again says-
- And if We had sent this as a Qur’an in a foreign language other than Arabic, they would have said: “Why are not its Verses explained in detail (in our language)? What! (A Book) not in Arabic and (the Messenger) an Arab?” Say: “It is for those who believe, a guide and a healing. And as for those who disbelieve, there is heaviness (deafness) in their ears, and it (the Qur’an) is blindness for them. They are those who are called from a place far away (so they neither listen nor understand).
About Hazrat Musa (AS) Allah says-
- And indeed We gave Musa (Moses) the Scripture, but dispute arose therein. And had it not been for a Word that went forth before from your Lord, (the torment would have overtaken them) and the matter would have been settled between them. But truly, they are in grave doubt thereto (i.e. about the Qur’an). [Tafsir Al-Qurtubi, Vol. 15, Page 370]46. Whosoever does righteous good deed it is for (the benefit of) his ownself, and whosoever does evil, it is against his ownself, and your Lord is not at all unjust to (His) slaves.
In Surah Ash-Shurah Allah says about himself as-
- Likewise Allah, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise inspires you (O Muhammad) as (He inspired) those before you.4. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and He is the Most High, the Most Great.13. He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islam) which He ordained for Nuh (Noah), and that which We have inspired in you (O Muhammad ), and that which We ordained for Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Mosesý) and ‘Iesa (Jesus) saying you should establish religion (i.e. to do what it orders you to do practically), and make no divisions in it (religion) (i.e. various sects in religion). Intolerable for the Mushrikun , is that to which you (O Muhammad ) call them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills, and guides unto Himself who turns to Him in repentance and in obedience.
About Knowledge for taking right or wrong path Allah says-
- And they divided not till after knowledge had come to them, through selfish transgression between themselves. And had it not been for a Word that went forth before from your Lord for an appointed term, the matter would have been settled between them. And verily, those who were made to inherit the Scripture [i.e. the Taurah (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] after them (i.e. Jews and Christians) are in grave doubt concerning it (i.e. Allah’s true religion Islam or the Qur’an).15.So unto this (religion of Islam, alone and this Qur’an) then invite (people) (O Muhammad ), and Istaqim [(i.e. stand firm and straight on Islamic Monotheism by performing all that is ordained by Allah (good deeds, etc.), and by abstaining from all that is forbidden by Allah (sins and evil deeds, etc.)], as you are commanded, and follow not their desires but say: “I believe in whatsoever Allah has sent down of the Book [all the holy Books, this Qur’an and the Books of the old from the Taurat (Torah), or the Injeel (Gospel) or the Pages of Ibrahim (Abraham)] and I am commanded to do justice among you, Allah is our Lord and your Lord. For us our deeds and for you your deeds. There is no dispute between us and you. Allah will assemble us (all), and to Him is the final return.16. And those who dispute concerning Allah (His Religion of Islamic Monotheism, with which Muhammad has been sent), after it has been accepted (by the people), of no use is their dispute before their Lord, and on them is wrath, and for them will be a severe torment .17. It is Allah Who has sent down the Book (the Qur’an) in truth, and the Balance (i.e. to act justly). And what can make you know that perhaps the Hour is close at hand?
On different signs of his existence,Allah says-
- And you cannot escape from Allah (i.e. His Punishment) in the earth, and besides Allah you have neither anyWali (guardian or a protector) nor any helper.32. And among His Signs are the ships, in the sea, like mountains.33. If He wills, He causes the wind to cease, then they would become motionless on the back (of the sea). Verily, in this are signs for everyone patient and grateful.34. Or He may destroy them (by drowning) because of that which their (people) have earned. And He pardons much.
About Quran Allah again says in Surah Az-Zukhruf-
- By the manifest Book (that makes things clear, i.e. this Qur’an).3.We verily, have made it a Qur’an in Arabic, that you may be able to understand (its meanings and its admonitions).4. And Verily, it (this Qur’an) is in the Mother of the Book (i.e. Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz), before Us, indeed Exalted, full of Wisdom.5. Shall We then (warn you not and) take away the Reminder (this Qur’an) from you, because you are a people Musrifun.
About Hazrat Ibrahim (AS) and then reaching to Hazrat Muhammad (PBU) Allah says
- And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) said to his father and his people: “Verily, I am innocent of what you worship,27.”Except Him (i.e. I worship none but Allah Alone) Who did create me, and verily, He will guide me.”28. And he made it [i.e. La ilaha ill-Allah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah Alone)] a Word lasting among his offspring (True Monotheism), that they may turn back (i.e. to repent to Allah or receive admonition).29. Nay, but I gave (the good things of this life) to these (polytheists) and their fathers to enjoy, till there came to them the truth (the Qur’an), and a Messenger (Muhammad ) making things clear.30. And when the truth (this Qur’an) came to them, they (the disbelievers in this Qur’an) said: “This is magic, and we disbelieve therein.”31. And they say: “Why is not this Qur’an sent down to some great man of the two towns (Makkah and Ta’if)?”32. Is it they who would portion out the Mercy of your Lord? It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in this world, and We raised some of them above others in ranks, so that some may employ others in their work. But the Mercy (Paradise) of your Lord (O Muhammad ) is better than the (wealth of this world) which they amass.
About HazratIesa (AS) Allah Says-
- And when the son of Maryam (Mary) is quoted as an example [i.e. ‘Iesa (Jesus) is worshipped like their idols), behold! Your people cry aloud (laugh out at the example).58.And say: “Are our aliha (gods) better or is he [‘Iesa (Jesus)]?” They quoted not the above example except for argument. Nay! But they are a quarrelsome people. [(See VV. 21:97-101) – The Qur’an.]59. He [‘Iesa (Jesus)] was not more than a slave. We granted Our Favour to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel (i.e. his creation without a father).60. And if it were Our Will, We would have [destroyed you (mankind) all, and] made angels to replace you on the earth. [Tafsir At-Tabari, Vol:25, Page 89].61. And he [‘Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)] shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the Hour (Day of Resurrection) [i.e. ‘Iesa’s (Jesus) descent on the earth] . Therefore have no doubt concerning it (i.e. the Day of Resurrection). And follow Me (Allah) (i.e. be obedient to Allah and do what He orders you to do, O mankind)! This is the Straight Path (of Islamic Monotheism, leading to Allah and to His Paradise).62. And let not Shaitan (Satan) hinder you (from the right religion, i.e. Islamic Monotheism), Verily, he (Satan) to you is a plain enemy.63. And when ‘Iesa (Jesus) came with (Our) clear Proofs, he said: “I have come to you with Al-Hikmah (Prophethood), and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) in which you differ, therefore fear Allah and obey me,64. “Verily, Allah! He is my Lord (God) and your Lord (God). So worship Him (Alone). This is the (only) Straight Path (i.e. Allah’s religion of true Islamic Monotheism).”65. But the sects from among themselves differed. So woe to those who do wrong (by ascribing things to ‘Iesa (Jesus) that are not true) from the torment of a painful Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)!66. Do they only wait for the Hour that it shall come upon them suddenly, while they perceive not?67. Friends on that Day will be foes one to another except Al-Muttaqun (pious – see V.2:2).68. (It will be said to the true believers of Islamic Monotheism): My worshippers! No fear shall be on you this Day, nor shall you grieve,70. Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness.71. Trays of gold and cups will be passed round them, (there will be) therein all that the one’s inner-selves could desire, all that the eyes could delight in, and you will abide therein forever.72. This is the Paradise which you have been made to inherit because of your deeds which you used to do (in the life of the world).
In Surah Ad-DukhanAllah says that Quran Sent down on ShabQadrof Ramzandecrees on all matters.
- By the manifest Book (this Qur’an) that makes things clear,3.We sent it (this Qur’an) down on a blessed night [(i.e. night of Qadr, Surah No: 97) in the month of Ramadan,, the 9th month of the Islamic calendar]. Verily, We are ever warning [mankind that Our Torment will reach those who disbelieve in Our Oneness of Lordship and in Our Oneness of worship].4. Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments .5. Amran (i.e. a Command or this Qur’an or the Decree of every matter) from Us. Verily, We are ever sending (the Messengers),6. (As) a Mercy from your Lord. Verily! He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.
In Surah Al-Jathiyah Allah says that Ayats of Quran are proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, revelations of everything-
- The revelation of the Book (this Qur’an) is from Allah, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.3.Verily, in the heavens and the earth are signs for the believers.4. And in your creation, and what He scattered (through the earth) of moving (living) creatures are signs for people who have Faith with certainty.5. And in the alternation of night and day, and the provision (rain) that Allah sends down from the sky, and revives therewith the earth after its death, and in the turning about of the winds (i.e. sometimes towards the east or north, and sometimes towards the south or west etc., sometimes bringing glad tidings of rain etc., and sometimes bringing the torment), are signs for a people who understand.6. These are the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, revelations, etc.) of Allah, which We recite to you (O Muhammad ) with truth. Then in which speech after Allah and His Ayat will they believe?11. This (Qur’an) is a guidance. And those who disbelieve in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord, for them there is a painful torment of Rijz (a severe kind of punishment).
In Surah Al-Ahqaf Allah addresses to disbelievers as-
- The revelation of the Book (this Qur’an) is from Allah, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.3.We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them except with truth, and for an appointed term. But those who disbelieve turn away from that whereof they are warned.4. Say (O Muhammad to these pagans): “Think! All that you invoke besides Allah show me! What have they created of the earth? Or have they a share in (the creation of) the heavens? Bring me a Book (revealed before this), or some trace of knowledge (in support of your claims), if you are truthful!”5. And who is more astray than one who calls (invokes) besides Allah, such as will not answer him till the Day of Resurrection, and who are (even) unaware of their calls (invocations) to them?6. And when mankind are gathered (on the Day of Resurrection), they (false deities) will become enemies for them and will deny their worshipping.7. And when Our Clear Verses are recited to them, the disbelievers say of the truth (this Qur’an), when it reaches them: “This is plain magic!”8. Or say they: “He (Muhammad ) has fabricated it.” Say: “If I have fabricated it, still you have no power to support me against Allah. He knows best of what you say among yourselves concerning it (i.e. this Qur’an)! Sufficient is He for a witness between me and you! And He is the Oft-Forgiving, the Most Merciful.”9. Say (O Muhammad ):”I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allah) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner.”10. Say: “Tell me! If this (Qur’an) is from Allah, and you deny it, and a witness from among the Children of Israel (‘Abdullah bin Salam ) testifies that this Qur’an is from Allah [like the Taurat (Torah)], so he believed (embraced Islam) while you are too proud (to believe).” Verily! Allah guides not the people who are Zalimun (polytheists, disbelievers and wrong-doing).11. And those who disbelieve (strong and wealthy) say of those who believe (weak and poor): “Had it (Islamic Monotheism to which Muhammad is inviting mankind) been a good thing, they (weak and poor) would not have preceded us thereto!” And when they have not let themselves be guided by it (this Qur’an), they say: “This is an ancient lie!”12. And before this was the Scripture of Musa (Moses) as a guide and a mercy. And this is a confirming Book (the Qur’an) in the Arabic language, to warn those who do wrong, and as glad tidings to the Muhsinun (good-doers – see V.2:112).13. Verily, those who say: “Our Lord is (only) Allah,” and thereafter Istaqamu (i.e. stood firm and straight on the Islamic Faith of Monotheism by abstaining from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allah has forbidden and by performing all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained), on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.14. Such shall be the dwellers of Paradise, abiding therein (forever), a reward for what they used to do.15. And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents. His mother bears him with hardship and she brings him forth with hardship, and the bearing of him, and the weaning of him is thirty (30) months, till when he attains full strength and reaches forty years, he says: “My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favour which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my off-spring good. Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslims (submitting to Your Will).”16. They are those from whom We shall accept the best of their deeds and overlook their evil deeds. (They shall be) among the dwellers of Paradise, a promise of truth, which they have been promised.
About rights of parents Allah says-
- But he who says to his parents: “Fie upon you both! Do you hold out the promise to me that I shall be raised up (again) when generations before me have passed away (without rising)?” While they (father and mother) invoke Allah for help (and rebuke their son): “Woe to you! Believe! Verily, the Promise of Allah is true.” But he says: “This is nothing but the tales of the ancient.”18.They are those against whom the Word (of torment) is justified among the previous generations of jinns and mankind that have passed away. Verily! They are ever the losers.
About HzartHud (AS) Allah says-
- And remember (Hud) the brother of ‘Ad, when he warned his people inAl-Ahqaf (the curved sand-hills in the southern part of Arabian Peninsula). And surely, there have passed away warners before him and after him (saying): “Worship none but Allah; truly, I fear for you the torment of a mighty Day.”22. They said: “Have you come to turn us away from our aliha (gods)? Then bring us that with which you threaten us, if you are one of the truthful!”23. He said: “The knowledge (of the time of its coming) is with Allah only, and I convey to you that wherewith I have been sent, but I see that you are a people given to ignorance!”24. Then, when they saw it as a dense cloud coming towards their valleys, they said: “This is a cloud bringing us rain!” Nay, but it is that (torment) which you were asking to be hastened! a wind wherein is a painful torment!25. Destroying everything by the Command of its Lord! So they became such that nothing could be seen except their dwellings! Thus do We recompense the people who are Mujrimun (polytheists, disbelievers, sinners, etc.)!26. And indeed We had firmly established them with that wherewith We have not established you (O Quraish)! And We had assigned them the (faculties of) hearing (ears), seeing (eyes), and hearts, but their hearing (ears), seeing (eyes), and their hearts availed them nothing since they used to deny the Ayat(Allah’s Prophets and their Prophethood, proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, and they were completely encircled by that which they used to mock at!27. And indeed We have destroyed towns (populations) round about you, and We have (repeatedly) shown (them) the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in various ways that they might return (to the truth and believe in the Oneness of Allah – Islamic Monotheism).